We often welcome visitors from industry who send their employees, engineers, and researchers to join the HCIL for an extended period of time (e.g., 6 months, 1 year, 1.5 years). Our industry visitors have come from all over the world. Industrial visitors come to learn about HCI, American culture, technology, and specific projects. These arrangements have enriched the HCIL tremendously, while also developing expertise and skills for individuals who can bring them back to their companies.
Recent visitors have come from Sony, Toyota, Toshiba and NEC.
We work with visitors to create custom programs that are valuable to all parties. We typically can offer:
- Office space, computer, internet, printing, and other technical infrastructure etc.
- Active participation in a research project based on mutual interest and available opportunities.
- Ability to participate as an HCIL lab member, joining for lunches, lab activities, social events, etc.
- Ability to take UMD courses (upon permission of instructor).
- Attend HCIL and UMD seminars and other events.
- Ability to participate in UMD activities and use UMD resources such as the bus and gym.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in arranging an industry visit.