Ben Shneiderman, February 12, 2021, email@example.com
Book to be published by Oxford University Press in early 2022.
Table of Contents (current version)
Part 1: What is Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence?
- Chapter 1: Introduction: High expectations
- Chapter 2: How do rationalism or empiricism provide sound foundations?
- Chapter 3: Are people and computers in the same category?
- Chapter 4: Will automation, AI, and robots lead to widespread unemployment?
- Chapter 5: Summary and skeptic’s corner
Part 2: Human-Centered AI Framework
- Chapter 6: Introduction: Rising above the levels of automation
- Chapter 7: Defining reliable, safe & trustworthy systems
Chapter 8: Two-dimensional HCAI framework
- Chapter 9: Design guidelines and examples
- Chapter 10: Summary and skeptic’s corner
Part 3: Design Metaphors
- Chapter 11: Introduction: What is the goal of AI research?
- Chapter 12: Science and innovation goals
- Chapter 13: Intelligent agents and supertools
- Chapter 14: Teammates and tele-operated devices
- Chapter 15: Assured autonomy and supervised autonomy
- Chapter 16: Social robots and active appliances
- Chapter 17: Summary and skeptic’s corner
Part 4: Governance Structures
- Chapter 18: Introduction: How to bridge the gap from ethics to practice
- Chapter 19: Reliable systems based on sound software engineering practices
- Chapter 20: Safety culture through business management strategies
- Chapter 21: Trustworthy certification by independent oversight
- Chapter 22: Government interventions and regulation
- Chapter 23: Summary and skeptic’s corner
Part 5: Where Do We Go from Here?
- Chapter 24: Introduction: Driving HCAI forward
- Chapter 25: Assessing trustworthiness
- Chapter 26: Caring for and learning from older adults
- Chapter 27: Summary and skeptic’s corner
- Chapter 28: Personal Epilogue How I became devoted to human-centered approaches